Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
SERVPRO of Monroe and West Monroe was contacted by a customer who was concerned about mold damage. The concern was that mold was forming after installation of a new HVAC system. Mold growth was observed near several air-conditioning supply vents. We frequently receive calls from customers who would like mold inspections based on suspected mold growth.
- Master Bedroom Closet- Mold growth immediately surrounding the air-conditioning supply vent in the ceiling. The cause of the growth was the lack of air circulation in the room. The door to the closet is always closed. Cold air exiting the supply vent is causing excess humidity in the area immediately next to the vent which supports mold growth. Solution- Allow for additional air circulation in the closet by the following
- Leave the door open so that the closet gets adequate exchanges of air.
- Install a vent in the door to achieve the same objective.
- Install an open vent in a wall which would allow for the door to remain closed, but would also promote proper air circulation.
- Kitchen Sitting Area- Mold growth on the ceiling on two sides of the air vent. In this case, the cause of mold growth was the lack of proper installation of the vent. A gasket system which was a part of the vent was missing. The missing gasket allowed for cold air to impact the ceiling, increase moisture levels and support growth.
View more tips in our blog.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (318) 345-5121
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Monroe / West Monroe for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Monroe / West Monroe has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- West Monroe